|Electrical / Mechanical / SCADA|
|Regional Municipality of Niagara|
|St. Catharines, Ontario|
|DeCew Water Treatment Facility|
|The Regional Municipality of Niagara began the Phase III construction upgrade to the DeCew WTP Facility in early 2003 in order to mitigate the risks of contamination to its raw water supply. The project includes automation to manage the flows and quality of water in the intake channel; replacement of the inlet control device between the Middle and Lower ponds and desilting of raw water reservoirs. This project also reduces the flooding risk to 60,000 households and improves the essential infrastructure for 40% of the population in the Regional Municipality of Niagara. The Plant is operated to treat water at a maximum flow rate of 227,300 m3/day.
Procon Niagara’s scope of work on this project included for the following:
- Electrical & Mechanical requirements for renovations to Administration offices, Laboratory and Communications room.
- Relocate live Instrumentation & Wiring panels, Chlorine Analyzers, Laboratory Equipment, Sodium Hypochlorite and Alum Equipment
- Supply/install 450Hp Highlift and 250Hp Lowlift pumps
- Supply/install two 2,000Kva13.8Kv Transformers, Low Voltage
Switchgear, 44 Sections of Motor Control Centers and a 2,500Kw
Generator c/w Genset MCC
- Supply/install EM, Exit and Bldg lighting, FA/Tel/Data/security Systems
- Fabricate/install 36” stainless piping in Filter Buildings and Reservoirs Supply/install all Instrumentation, Scada, Programming and Commissioning.